Craving Erotic Romance...

is a group blog from several sassy erotic romance authors!

Find out about our latest releases, read scintillating interviews on Mondays, beat mid-week blahs with Hump Day Help Wednesdays, and see hot hunks on Fridays. Saturdays are "Open Mike" and full of surprises! And then, there's always our guests...!



Monday, April 11, 2016

Monday's Scintillating Interview with Andi Bremner!


Welcome to Craving Erotic Romance Blogspot.

Today we’re presenting Author: Andi Bremner
                                               
1)      Have you always wanted to be an author? Ever since I read The Naughtiest Girl in School by Enid Blyton in grade two.  I couldn’t get enough of Elizabeth’s adventures and started penning my own ‘fan fiction’ if you like way back then.  Life got in the way for a while with career, family, travel but I am so happy that I have found my way back to what I’ve always wanted to do.
2)      What genre(s) do you write?  I write romance first and foremost, always romance.  Beyond that I write contemporary romance, sweet romance and sometimes a little steamy romance.  I also write young adult historical under a different name which would still fall under the romance banner as well.
3)      Have you ever self published?  I recently had my first venture into self-publishing with a short novella as an off shoot from one of my young adult novels.  I wanted to offer readers a free ‘bonus’ story and this was the best way for me to do so and keep control of the story.  I really enjoyed the process and found it surprisingly easy to navigate.
4)      Who or what inspired you to write your first book?  A few years ago I was chatting to a friend and told her I’d always wanted to write a book and she said well, go on then, no time like the present.  So I made it a priority and started writing.
5)      How many hours in a day might you write?  I write in spurts of inspiration so either I write nothing or I write for about five hours and produce anything from 10,000 to 20,000 words in a day.  I generally have a few days in between writing where I don’t even touch the story. I’ve tried being organised and structured but it just doesn’t work for me.
6)      Are you a plotter or a pantster?  Pantster all the way!  I have all the ideas bubbling in my head and always think I know where I am headed only to find that I have veered off in another direction even if there is a plan. I recently started using Scrivener to help with plotting but have still managed to follow the characters lead which invariably changes the story. 
7) Do you ever find yourself slipping away and becoming so immersed in your  story it affects how you relate to others?   At the moment I am writing a story set in the late 1800’s England and I have found that I am talking to my kids as if I have just stepped off the set of Downton Abbey.  I’m also correcting them on their manners continually so I would say yes to that question.
8) Are you in any of your books?  Oh my, no way!  I would never do that, nor  would I write anyone I know into any of books.
9) What do your friends and family have to say about you writing?  I asked my children this and my oldest son, who is sixteen, told me he is proud of me.  That made me smile.  I think sometimes my teenage sons can be embarrassed by what their mom writes but for the most part they are proud.  I know my husband is very proud of me.
10) Please share an excerpt from one of your books that totally spoke to you when you put the words down on paper.
From: Trinity

“Hey,” I called, my voice laced with annoyance, “who taught you to drive?”
She snapped her head around and blinked at me. It was clear from the way she looked at me and the way her mouth formed a perfect o that she hadn’t even seen me.
“You drive like a fucking maniac,” I snapped, “You nearly ran me down. You need to watch where you are going!”
Suddenly a light flicked in her eye and she stepped toward me, “You need to watch where you are going. If you look around you will see this is parking lot and you are standing in the middle of the road.”
She leaned forward, resting on the open door of her car and into the street light, her face illuminated. Fuck, were my first thoughts, she’s young for someone with a sarcastic voice like that. And then my next thought… She’s beautiful.
Her face was pale and heart shaped, with a pointed chin. Long lashes framed eyes that were a dark blue color I guessed, although I couldn’t see them clearly in the yellow light of the dimly lit parking lot. A tiny mole sat on her high cheekbones and her lips were drawn in a line, her chin jutted forward with attitude. Her head bobbed a little and I realized she was tapping her foot. For some reason that made me smile.
“You think it’s funny?” she snapped and then ducked her head, reaching into her car for something. I watched her climb across the driver’s seat and search through whatever was piled up on her front seat and then re-emerge. She frowned when she saw me still watching her before she slammed the door and stepped more fully under the street light.
And that’s when I saw it.
A dark, purple bruise wrapped around her left eye. It started on her cheek, which was swollen and then got darker as it reached her eye before disappearing under her bangs.
My smile faded.
Someone had hit her.



11) Which actor/character(s) would play the starring role? Britennelle Fredericks for Trinity, she was who I had in mind the whole time I wrote the story and for Luke I imagine someone like Liam Hemsworth.

Find Andi

1 comment: