Craving Erotic Romance...

is a group blog from several sassy erotic romance authors!

Find out about our latest releases, read scintillating interviews on Mondays, beat mid-week blahs with Hump Day Help Wednesdays, and see hot hunks on Fridays. Saturdays are "Open Mike" and full of surprises! And then, there's always our guests...!



Monday, March 21, 2016

Monday's Scintillating Interview with Rose Wulf!

  
Welcome to Craving Erotic Romance Blogspot.

Today we’re presenting Author: Rose Wulf!
                                               
1) Have you always wanted to be an author? Yes! Literally for as long as I can remember I’ve been dreaming about becoming a published author. And writing, of course!
2) What genre(s) do you write? I’m a romance girl, so everything I write is romance. But the sub-genre switches occasionally! Right now I mostly write paranormal, as that’s my favorite, but I’ve got a contemporary release coming soon, too. And something more sci-fi/fantastical in the works!
3)  Have you ever self published? No. Self-publishing scares me! But I’m not truly opposed to it, it just feels like an option to keep on reserve.
4) Who or what inspired you to write your first book? My first book… well, the first one I had published was inspired by an open submissions anthology call. It was a short contemporary story that was eventually released as a single-title ebook. The inspiration itself just sort of hit me upside the head after I read the info for the anthology!
5) How many hours in a day might you write? That depends on whether it’s a ‘good’ day or a ‘bad’ day, but if I had to pick an overall average I would say three.
6) Are you a plotter or a pantser? Heh, for some reason I love the word ‘pantser’. But I’m somewhere in the middle. I plot enough to know my aim and my foundation, but there’s definitely some ‘pantsing’ along the way!
7) Do you ever find yourself slipping away and becoming so immersed in your  story it affects how you relate to others? Noooo? I don’t know! I’ve never noticed! But there are definitely times I’m on such a role with my writing that I can’t bring myself to be sociable!
8) Are you in any of your books? Nope. Pieces of me, absolutely. Pieces of my past, etc. But I stay out of my characters as much as I can so that they don’t all feel the same!
9) What do your friends and family have to say about you writing? My close friends and family are very supportive! They understand how important my writing is to me and encourage me every step of the way.
10) Please share an excerpt from your book that totally spoke to you when you put the words down on paper.
From: Black Dawn (Dark Light 1
“But how do you know he isn’t interested?” Letty pushed.
“Couldn’t your father release him from the bond?” Britt asked.
Izzy smiled a bit and shook her head. “Why would he be? I’m the face of his servitude, essentially. I’m amazed he doesn’t hate me—or he hides it insanely well. And no, a Life Bond is a permanent thing. Breakable only by someone’s death.”
“Like yours?”
All three jumped at the unfamiliar male voice coming from the back of the cabin. A male figure stepped into the yellow globe light, the sneer on his lips assuring Izzy he wasn’t there to make friends.
“How did you get in here?” Britt demanded, pushing to her feet.
“Britt,” Izzy called as she and Letty stood as well. Clearly Britt wasn’t attuned to identifying demons like Izzy was.
“The usual way,” the demon returned. He switched his sneering gaze to Izzy and added, “I don’t suppose you’re interested in releasing Darr from the ties that bind?”
Izzy swallowed. “If you kill me he’ll die, too.”
“Supposedly.” The demon rushed her without warning, knocking her off her feet and sending her friends diving out of the way.
Izzy crashed over the futon and into a wall, her body aching from the impact. And he’d only hit her with his hand. If he summoned a dark energy wave for her she’d be a goner.
“Darr.”
Sometime in the first couple of years, Darr had taught her a short, wordless spell she could use to call for him when he wasn’t already beside her. He said it sent a jolt through him, alerting his senses to her situation and pulling him to her practically without his consent. She hated using it, but she couldn’t let this demon kill her. And he’d surely go for her friends next if he succeeded in killing her. She couldn’t let that happen, either.
“Get up,” the demon commanded. An invisible hand wrapped around her throat and hauled her mercilessly off the floor. She could barely dig her bare toes into the wood floor. The demon smirked and cocked his head. “Little Izzy Duchane,” he taunted, rolling his extended wrist slightly. The force holding her throat rolled to match, straining the side of her neck. “Goodby—”
A strong arm locked around the demon’s own throat and threw him bodily backward. The demon rolled several times before his spine met with a wrought iron bedpost.
Darr stalked up to him, his shoulders visibly tight beneath his shirt, fists clenched at his sides. “You dare,” he growled, his deep voice full of venom and promises of pain.
“W-wait!” the demon begged, pushing to his knees and struggling to stand.
Darr yanked him to his feet and locked a hand around his neck. Izzy couldn’t hear what he said next, but she didn’t need to. A cold chill swept through the room, the overhead lights flickered, and the demon let out a gurgled scream Izzy could barely hear. Darr released the corpse a moment before it was consumed in black hellfire.
The chill faded. The lighting stabilized.
Izzy pushed herself to her knees, realizing her ankle had twisted when her attacker’s concentration had snapped and she’d fallen. But that was the least of her pains. She’d crashed into a metal bar and tumbled into a solid wooden wall, cracking her head and at least one of her shoulders. He made it…
“Izzy,” Darr called gently, dropping to a knee in front of her as his hands landed on her shoulders. His touch was feather light as he discerned her injuries. “I’m sorry.”
The guilt that choked his voice squeezed her heart.
“I’m okay,” she insisted. “Just some new bruises. No bikini for me tomorrow.”
Darr frowned deeply. He clearly wasn’t appreciative of her attempted humor. “I’m going to pick you up,” he warned. A heartbeat after she nodded her understanding, he’d swept her into his arms. The movement sent some new jolts of pain through her, but being settled and cradled against his strong, broad chest countered that pain with encompassing warmth.
Buy Links: AmazonEvernightBarnes & NobleAllRomanceBookStrandKoboWebsite

11) Which actor/character(s) would play the starring role? (you can attach pics for me to insert or just type names here) I’ve discovered a new actress named Jane Levy who is almost exactly the way I pictured Izzy! As for the male, I found a great image, but no name!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment