Craving Erotic Romance...

is a group blog from several sassy erotic romance authors!

Find out about our latest releases, read scintillating interviews on Mondays, beat mid-week blahs with Hump Day Help Wednesdays, and see hot hunks on Fridays. Saturdays are "Open Mike" and full of surprises! And then, there's always our guests...!



Monday, July 27, 2015

Today's Scintillating Interview with Beth D. Carter!

Welcome to Craving Erotic Romance Blogspot.

Today we’re presenting Author: Beth D. Carter
                                               
1)      Have you always wanted to be an author?
I’ve been creating stories in my head since I was a child.  I wrote my first book, written out in long hand, when I was about twelve.  There was never a time in my life when I didn’t want to be an author.  I tried to follow a different path because I never had confidence in myself, but with the emergence of ereaders, it’s opened up an avenue for many people to find their dreams.  Like me.
2)      What genre(s) do you write?
I love romance and erotica is just a way of writing romance with no blinders on. It feeds on fantasy and imagination, and I love transporting myself from my own hum-drum life into one of pure sensation. I love being turned on, and so when I write I want my readers to get turned on.
3)      Have you ever self published?
No, not at this moment.  I have a book in that was published previously but I’ve since taken back my rights that I plan on doing a self-publishing run, but as of right now that’s on the back burner.
4)      Who or what inspired you to write your first book?
I think my desire to be a writer was set in stone when I picked up my mother’s first Harlequin Presents and I fell in love with the happy ever after.  Almost ten years ago I was living in Paris, France and wrote my first novel, Black Leather Pants, but knew it wasn’t quite finished.  When I read my first erotica novel (by Maya Banks), it hit me that’s what BLP needed.  So I edited and revised and sent it to four erotica publishing houses.
5)      How many hours in a day might you write?
Depends.  I do more of a word count for the day rather that concentrate on hours.  Usually, my minimum goal is 2000 words a day, which roughly translates to 6 – 7 pages.  That may not seem like a lot, but to write good stuff, that can take all day.
6) Are you a plotter or a pantser?
I’m usually a Pantser, but I do write a few sentences on how the next chapter should be.  Of course, as the story evolves, those change too, but it helps me think about what I need to accomplish within that chapter.
6)      Do you ever find yourself slipping away and becoming so immersed in your  story it affects how you relate to others?
This usually happens to me when I read someone else’s book.  So maybe my stories affects someone else’s perspective. 
7)      Are you in any of your books?
Yes.  I tend to put some aspect of myself in all my heroines, whether it’s a phrase she uses or a way she perceives her world.  Another thing I do is use people I know in my stories.  If you’ve pissed me off you’ll probably end up the bad guy, dying some horrible death.  (snicker)
8)      What do your friends and family have to say about you writing?
My mother reads everything I write.  She says “Do you really have to use those words?”  Yes, mom.  I really do.  LOL.  Actually, everyone is very supportive, even my super religious aunt.  She just can’t have me on her Facebook page.
9)      Please share an excerpt from your book that totally spoke to you when you put the words down on paper.
As I’ve said, this book is based on the Spartacus story, and one of the driving forces of that is that he’s forced to kill to live.  The fight or flight mode.  It can turn honorable men into monsters.  I’m attracted to that aspect of human nature.


(From The Alpha Gladiator – Warriors of the Arena)
My people are honorable, he muttered.  We do not kill other people for sport.     
You will, Felix assured.  Everyone does eventually because if you dont, itll be your broken body bleeding upon the ground.”

10)              Which actor/character(s) would play the starring role? After seeing Josh Hartnett in Penny Dreadful he became my number one pick for playing Ravage!

BUY LINKS:



Find Beth D. Carter:
.
Amazon author page:


No comments:

Post a Comment