Craving Erotic Romance...

is a group blog from several sassy erotic romance authors!

Find out about our latest releases, read scintillating interviews on Mondays, beat mid-week blahs with Hump Day Help Wednesdays, and see hot hunks on Fridays. Saturdays are "Open Mike" and full of surprises! And then, there's always our guests...!



Monday, February 9, 2015

Today's Scintillating Interview with London St. James!


Welcome to Craving Erotic Romance Blogspot.

Today we’re presenting Author: London St. James!
                                               
1)      Have you always wanted to be an author?
Actually, as a child I playacted out all the stories that were running around in my head! I’m one of those people who as soon as I learned how to write, I always scribbled down stories. So now that I look back, I suppose I’ve always wanted to be an author whether I really knew it or not.
2)      What genre(s) do you write?
Contemporary erotic romance mostly, along with BDSM. But I do have some PNR, and a western romance.
3)      Have you ever self published?
No. To date, all of my books have been through publishing companies. However, I do have a book in the works that I’m going to self pub. *Smiles*
4)      Who or what inspired you to write your first book?
Sadly, I’d never been encouraged to write by anyone in my life, except for one of my high school English teachers, and a professor in college as well. Regardless of real family encouragement, I wrote and stopped. Wrote and stopped. You know, had to do the sensible thing as I got older. I went to college, got a job, did all those sensible things, but I always came back to writing/scribbling. I suppose what truly inspired me, was I was tired of doing things I hated, and wanted to do something I loved.
Around four years ago, I became more serious about trying to get published, and I started to research publishing companies. I’d written a short story, Mistake, with a BDSM twist, so when I saw a submission call for a BDSM anthology called Master of Mine from Evernight Publishing, I decided to submit it. I figured what’s the worst thing that could happen? Being told, “You suck as a writer.” I prepared for the worst, but thankfully that didn’t happen.  Evernight liked my submission, and offered me a place in the anthology. From there I’ve been writing as fast as my brain can think and my fingers can type.
5)      How many hours in a day might you write?
That really depends on my muse. Sometimes I may write an hour in a day, or not at all. Sometimes I’ve been known to write all day, or stay up all night writing.
6)      Are you a plotter or a pantser?
I’m a pantser all the way!
7)      Do you ever find yourself slipping away and becoming so immersed in your  story it affects how you relate to others?
Hm… I don’t think so. I have however become somewhat a recluse while working on some of my bigger projects.
8)      Are you in any of your books?
I think there are little pieces of me in every one of my books.  
9)      What do your friends and family have to say about you writing?
Only my closest of friends and my sexy man know I write and what I write. My sexy man is my biggest fan! For me, it was a bit wild to find someone who took an interest in what I did. And since my life has now become entwined within his, he makes it one of his missions to be completely supportive. He is always encouraging me to write more. And faster, God love him.
10)  Please share an excerpt from your book that totally spoke to you when you put the words down on paper.(you can use your publisher’s excerpt or a couple of lines there that will pique interest)
“Where are we going?” Wyndi asked.
“My room.” Five rapid heartbeats later, they were inside his bedroom with Petúr kicking the door closed behind them. “I need to know something,” he said in his honey tones.
Wyndi glanced up at him from under her lashes, and shivered. He was staring at her with eyes glinting gold. The braid he wore in his hair dangled down the right side of his cheek, tickling her.
“What do you want to know?”
“This.”
Petúr bent his head, slanted his mouth over hers, tongue tasting the line of her lips until she parted them on an intake of breath. When their flesh met, she closed her eyes. Fireworks exploded inside her head, the luminous sparks floating, then falling, falling, and transitioning into a force crashing down over her—a title wave of longing. She moaned, tasting the summer sky, morning dew, the sweetness of rainbows, sultry nights, and rain storms.
Mind whirling, her body shifting, she was lying on her back, fingers tangled into the nape of Petúr’s satiny hair, the other hand pressed against the steely strength of his shirt-covered chest. Every part of her became aware of him on some sort of molecular level. Yet nothing could have prepared her for what she experienced when he tucked himself between her thighs and groaned. Heat slammed into her core. Her stomach quivered. Her panties dampened. An inferno. Yes, surely it must be an inferno which lapped at her skin while their tongues tangled into infinity.

From: Rise of the Lost Prince 


Buy Links:




http://www.amazon.ca/Rise-Lost-Prince-Boys-Book-ebook/dp/B00TA3UXKK/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1423436721&sr=1-1&keywords=rise+of+the+lost+prince




11)  Which actor/character(s) would play the starring role? (you can attach pics and I’ll insert them, or add just names for here)
Ooo, I’m thinking Kellan Lutz would be the ticket for my hero!

Find London on
google.com/+LondonSaintJames

You can also e-mail London with any questions or comments at London@londonsaintjames.com. She loves to hear from her readers.

Would you like to know more? Join her mailing list for her monthly newsletter http://eepurl.com/6P2on. Or, join her book group on Facebook, Slip Between the Pages with London https://www.facebook.com/groups/SlipBetweenthePageswithLondon/

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for chatting with me today! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete