Craving Erotic Romance...

is a group blog from several sassy erotic romance authors!

Find out about our latest releases, read scintillating interviews on Mondays, beat mid-week blahs with Hump Day Help Wednesdays, and see hot hunks on Fridays. Saturdays are "Open Mike" and full of surprises! And then, there's always our guests...!



Monday, November 17, 2014

Monday's Scintillating Interview featuring Beth D Carter!

Welcome to Craving Erotic Romance Blogspot.

Today we’re presenting Author: Beth D. Carter!
                                               
1) Welcome Beth! Have you always wanted to be an author?
Oh yes.  I got into reading my mother’s Harlequin Presents when I was in the fifth grade.  Before then I’d been into Charlotte’s Web and Encyclopedia Brown, but as soon as I finished Yvonne Whittle’s Web of Silk, I was in love.  I transitioned into Zebra Historicals and it wasn’t long before I longed to have my name on beautiful covers, writing words of deep and abiding romance.
2) What genre(s) do you write?
I write erotica romance, but I have dabbled in a little bit of something for everyone.  I have written everything from sensual Regency romance to M/M zombie-apocalypse erotica.  However, I have settled into M/F and M/F/M erotica romance now.
3)  Have you ever self published?
I have one self-published book, a very short story offered for free through Smashwords (https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/467913nmj ).  It’s titled Niah and is a prequel to my story “Gravitation”, featured in the bestselling anthology “Sex, Love & Aliens”.  An interesting fact to Niah is that the eye on the cover is my son’s.  I told him to be surprised and when he did, I snapped the photo. 
4) Who or what inspired you to write your first book?
I knew from a little girl that I wanted to be a writer, but I didn’t know what type of writer I wanted to be.  I fell in love with the epic story of LOTR on the big screen and wanted to write something as sweeping.  So my first fully finished book was a fantasy piece with romantic elements that took me two years to write and ended at about 630 pages.  It’s not published.  I also wrote three screenplays and a handful of fan fiction.  Then, when I lived in Paris, I wrote a romance because that was my first love.  When it was done, I knew something was wrong with it.  It wasn’t until I read Maya Banks “Colter’s Woman” that I realized what my book, Black Leather Pants, was missing.  SEX!
5) How many hours in a day might you write?
Depends, but my minimum word count is 1000, which translates to about four pages a day.  It may not sound like a lot but sometimes it’s hard to find time to write at all.  I’m writing against a deadline right now so it’s very important to stay focused. 
6) Are you a plotter or a pantser?
Total pantser, although in my mind I do have an idea of where the story is headed.  My characters always surprise me when they make a one eighty from where I thought the story was going.  It’s actually quite funny because my editor wanted me to send a summary of the two books I’m working on, and already the second book has severely changed. 
7) Do you ever find yourself slipping away and becoming so immersed in your  story it affects how you relate to others?
Yes.  I’m an introvert to begin with, but when my brain is filled with how to write the next scene I can go for days and forget to call my mom or put off grocery shopping until the next day, and then the next day after that.  Before I know it, a week has gone by without shaving my legs.  Gross.
8) Are you in any of your books?
There’s a little bit of me in every book, I think.  Maybe it’s just a random thought or a gesture, but something of me is in all my characters.  I have an upcoming release titled Along Came Merrie in which I put a lot of my past motorcycle riding experience in.
9) What do your friends and family have to say about you writing?
My mother reads everything I write and once she’s done praising me she asks every freakin’ time, “Do you have to use those sex words?”  Yes, mother.  Yes, I do.  But I make no excuses or try to hide what I write.  It’s damn hard writing a novel in the first place and I’m proud I have that ability, so either accept me for who I am or unfriend me on Facebook.
10) Please share an excerpt from your book that totally spoke to you when you put the words down on paper.
From:  
Along Came Merrie (Red Wolves MC #1) -  Available for preorder December 5th https://www.totallybound.com/along-came-merrie

Merrie eased up on the gas when she finally accepted the truth.  She was lost.  Miles from nowhere and her gas tank was running low. She dug around on the passenger seat till she found her phone and then illuminated it to check her bars.
            Of course.  Dead.
            Story of her life.  Dead end jobs, dead end future.  She’d been taking care of herself since before she should’ve and the only job she’d been able to get at age fifteen was working on a dairy farm.  It was nice but it didn’t pay all that much, and she’d gotten tired of her ass being grabbed each time she came by with the coffee carafe.  The idea of moving to Cheyenne sounded good at the time but now, lost in the middle of Wyoming, somehow it didn’t seem all that smart.  How was it that none of the roads had marker signs?
            She’d gotten turned around at that last pit stop, that’s what happened.  Too many roads branching out for the truckers and she became confused which road she’d been on.  She was always doing stupid things like that.  How hard was it to follow a road?
            Apparently, very hard. 
            It only added to the melancholy lingering in her soul.  It was depressing having all your worldly possessions fit in the trunk of a car.  But she had wanted to start over so she’d donated most of her stuff to charity, keeping only the items that were important.  Only she discovered she didn’t have too many of them.  It wasn’t like she had a happy childhood full of memorabilia and crap.  Hell, she barely got through school.
            A glow in the distant sky lifted her spirits up.  A glow meant people, civilization.  Hopefully a gas station, or maybe someone who had information on how far the next one was, plus maybe some food.  She hadn’t eaten since the truck stop a few hours ago.
            She pressed harder on the gas pedal.  The quicker she came to whatever was shining the lights, the quicker she’d get back on the right track.  Merrie kept her fingers crossed that she wasn’t too far from her destination.  She was really weary of driving. 

11) Which actor/character(s) would play the starring role?
Merrie Walden- I don’t know, I’d be open to up and coming actresses.  This lady is really pretty.  Merrie is young, but life has been hard, so she’s got to be able to impart a world-weary tiredness that only comes with living through too much at a young age.

Braden McClintock- A cowboy, early 40’s.  How about Karl Urban?  Yum!

Leo Cloud Dancer- Native American, late 30’s.  I don’t know who this guy is, but I choose him!

Find Beth on


Amazon author page:



1 comment: