Welcome to Craving Erotic Romance Blogspot.
Today 4/14/14 we’re presenting Author: Caitlyn O’Leary
1) Have you always wanted to be an author? Since reading Trixie Belden back when I was 10 years old.
2) What genre(s) do you write? I write erotica, Menage a Trois, Happily Ever After. What’s the point of writing a book without a happily ever after?
3) Have you ever self published? Just the books I used to give out to friends and family in elementary and middle school.
4) Who or what inspired you to write your first book? Sophie Oak. I loved her Bliss Colorado and Siren in the City series.
5) How many hours in a day might you write? I work a full time job, so I probably write 2-3 hours each day, and wake up in the middle of the night and get in another 1-2 hours each night.
6) Are you a plotter or a pantster? I never write an outline. Since I’m writing a series, I have an idea of the characters I want to write about before I end the previous book. Once I have the characters in mind, they write their own story. For real, the story kind of just comes out of my fingertips onto the computer screen. It’s really kind of weird.
7) Do you ever find yourself slipping away and becoming so immersed in your story it affects how you relate to others? If I’m writing a really strong heroine, I’ll end up being a lot more blunt at work. If I’m writing a more submissive heroine, I find myself deferring to others a lot more than I normally would.
8) Are you in any of your books? In one of my books I have one of my characters describe one of my worst dates ever, as her own.
9) What do your friends and family have to say about you writing? Because it is erotica, I have mixed results. The funniest is that I have my 80 year old father anxiously awaiting the print version of my first “dirty” book to come out. He’s got everyone in his retirement community waiting to buy copies. Apparently they’re all excited to read it. Thanksgiving this year is going to be really interesting.
10) Please share an excerpt from one of your books or a WIP that totally spoke to you when you put the words down on paper.
From: “Trusting Chance”
“Do you want Josie for the long haul?” Chance asked. Sam took another swig from his beer, trying to picture his very long life without Josie in it.
“Yeah, I want her. But I don’t know how I can do it.”
“Remember how we were talking one day at a time?” Chance asked.
“Yeah, I remember.”
“Jesus,” Chance opened another one of his Belgian ales and took a long pull.
Find Caitlyn O’Leary